American Urological Association and Urology Care Foundation
The AUA and Foundation Facebook pages, @AmerUrological and @UrologyCareFdn Twitter accounts, the AUA LinkedIn account and AUA and Foundation Instagram and YouTube accounts (collectively, “social media channels”) are social media platforms to connect to and learn about the AUA and/or the Foundation’s initiatives, resources, programs and patient outreach/education via information, pictures, video and patient education materials. All users who choose to engage with the AUA and/or UCF social media channels must comply with the following content standards:
- Content shall not disclose protected health information or other personal information, including information that may allude to or actually identify an individual or patient (name on scans, faceless picture, etc.), whatever the format may be.
- Content shall not contain inaccurate, malicious, obscene, offensive, abusive, defamatory, hateful, threatening or harassing material.
- Content shall not promote any illegal activity, unlawful acts, violence or discrimination based on religion, nationality, age, race or other protected class.
- Content must respect patents, trademarks and copyrights and may not impose any potential infringement upon intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, brand names, trade names or logos of any person, business or place.
- Content shall not misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Content shall not contain unsolicited or unauthorized advertising directed at AUA or Foundation followers, nor transmit any material containing software viruses, worms, disabling code or program(s) designed to disrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of any computer hardware, software or equipment.
- Content shall not support commercial activities, sales, contests, advertising or other promotions, unless approved by the AUA or Foundation.
Disclaimer, License and Limitation of Liability
The AUA and/or Foundation name, logo or registered hashtags may not be used to promote or endorse any product, cause, company or political party/candidate.
Content posted by the AUA or Foundation does not constitute medical or legal advice, is not intended for use in the diagnosis or treatment of individual conditions and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with a licensed medical professional or other traditional source of medical information.
The AUA and Foundation reserve the right to add, remove and modify social media content; block, restrict or suspend disruptive users and discontinue use of our social media channels at any time.
For any content that you submit or share with us, you grant AUA and the Foundation a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell and distribute such content, and to incorporate such content in any form, medium or technology throughout the world, all without compensation to you. For this reason, do not post or share any content that you do not wish to license to AUA and the Foundation. In addition, you grant AUA and the Foundation the right to include the name provided with the content you have posted.
Additionally, the AUA and Foundation social media platforms may include content provided by third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials are solely the opinions of the person or entity providing the material. Third party content does not necessarily express the opinion of the AUA or Foundation.